A homemaker/companion provides for the maintenance of a safe and clean environment. Performs various housekeeping tasks, meal preparation and companionship activities for clients in their residences.
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions. May shop for groceries.
- Provides companionship for the client. This includes accompanying client on walks, trips to social/recreational activities, assistance with hobbies, etc.
- Homemaker/companionship may be only a few hours a week, but it can extend to 24 hour care and sleep-overs.
- Certificate III in Aged Care is preferred but Right at Home do train nursing students, medical students and students of allied health professions in the homemaker/companion care role.
- We also employ and train mature aged carers who may not have an academic qualification.
- Completion of a written Competency Evaluation.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.
- Australian Federal Police Clearance and pass a third party backgroud check.