Performs nursing care to patient in accordance with an established Custom Care Plan that follows Right at Home's policies and procedures and all other laws and relevant professional standards.
- Prepares and records clinical notes and progress notes.
- Observes and reports any signs or symptoms indicative of changes in conditions of the patient and family situation.
- Performs assigned nursing procedures (including administration of treatments and medications) in the care of the patient, under the supervision of a Registered Nurse and in accordance with the Custom Care Plan.
- Prepares equipment and materials for treatments observing aseptic technique as required.
- Assists the patient with learning appropriate self-care techniques.
- Assists with the rehabilitation of patients according to the Custom Care Plan.
- Consults the Nursing Supervisor in making judgments or decisions regarding care and treatments.
- Current AHPRA Registration.
- Has a minimum of 12 months experience in Aged Care, Residential Aged Care or In-Home Care.
- Knowledge, ability and the necessary skill and judgment to perform all nursing procedures as outlined in the scope of practice of a licenced Enrolled Nurse.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.