Have Questions?


Right at Home Blog

National Breast Cancer Awareness Month

| News

It’s October, and you know what that means, it’s National Breast Cancer Awareness Month!


Did you know that one in seven women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetimes?  

According to the National Breast Cancer Foundation (NBCF), nine people lose their lives to the disease every day. Over 20,000 Australians will be diagnosed with the disease this year alone, which equates to 57 Australians every day. What's more, over 3,200 Australians will lose their lives to breast cancer this year.  

Although the five-year survival rate has increased from 76% to 92% (and rising) since 1994 thanks to research, there is still work to do. By targeting the remaining 8% who don’t live past this survival rate, NBCF’s goal is to reach Zero Deaths from breast cancer. 

Early Detection 

Breast Cancer may be detected via: 

  • Through clinical examination 
  • Mammograms 
  • Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) 
  • Ultrasound 
  • Biopsy 

Refresh your knowledge about early detection best practices here.  

At Right at Home, one of our special care situations is cancer recovery care. Many cancer patients feel more comfortable receiving care at home so that they’re not separated from family, friends, and familiar surroundings. But cancer is a condition that can change relationships and require families to address new issues.  

In-home care is often a great way to alleviate some of the pressures of family caregiving when it comes to cancer, allowing you to focus on emotional support instead of the details of daily activities. Right at Home caregivers can help with any of the Care Services, as well as supplement any hospice care. Right at Home, home care is available near you with, 47 offices located around Australia. Contact us for support for your loved ones today.

Keep up to date with COVID 19 information on the following links: 

Australian Government Department of Health 

Victorian Health and Human Services 

NSW Health 

Queensland Health 

ACT Health 

WA Department of Health 

Tasmanian Department of Health 

Northern Territory Department of Health 

SA Health 

Founded in 1995, Right at Home offers in-home companionship and personal care, and assistance to seniors (elderly and aged care), and any adult who needs our care at home including adults living with a disability who want to continue to live independently or age in their home. Right at Home is your local expert for issues related to caring for your loved ones and is dedicated to keeping you informed about home care. With no package management fees, Right at Home allows you to get more care from your package or budget. 

Right at Home is a 'My Aged Care' government approved, home care provider for levels 1 – 4 and offers flexible in-home care services such as nursing care, after hospital care, post-operative care, respite care, dementia and Alzheimer's care. Right at Home also offers assistance with daily living and personal care such as grooming, hygiene, transport, shopping, meal prep, domestic services and social support, so your loved one can enjoy a more independent, vibrant life. Our nurses and caregivers are screened, highly trained, and insured prior to entering your home so you can trust us with the caregiving while you focus on your loved one. 

To find out more, please give us a call on 1300 363 802 or visit our website. 

Right at Home Offices in Australia: ACT Canberra; ACT & Queanbeyan; Adelaide Central; Brisbane Bayside; Brisbane North; Brisbane South; Brisbane West; Central Queensland & Wide Bay; Darling Downs; Far North Queensland; Gold Coast North; Gold Coast South; Greater Logan; Mackay; Melbourne Brighton: Melbourne Glen Waverley; Moreton Bay Region; Noosa, Gympie & Hinterland; Sunshine Coast; Townsville; Central West New South Wales; Gosford; Hunter & Port Stephens; Macarthur Penrith; Newcastle; Northern Rivers; Padstow St George; Southern NSW; Sydney Central & Eastern Suburbs; Sydney Inner West; Sydney Liverpool; Sydney Lower North Shore; Sydney Norwest; Sydney Northern Beaches; Sydney Parramatta; Sydney Ryde; Sydney The Hills; Sydney Upper North Shore; Kalgoorlie Wheatbelt; Perth South Eastern Suburbs; Perth Midland; Perth Northern Suburbs; Perth West Coast; Southwest Victoria; Sydney Sutherland Shire; Sydney Five Dock 

Invalid Input
Invalid Input
Invalid Input

Collection Notice & Consent: By subscribing, you consent to us storing this information in our database and providing our Right at Home newsletter and marketing materials to you by email. We do not sell your information. You can cancel your subscription at any time. For further details see our Privacy Policy.

Enjoyed reading our blog?

Subscribe to our monthly newsletter and receive all the best content from across the Right at Home Australia network straight to your inbox.