5 Ways In Home Care Provides Comfort and Relief
While some seniors benefit from moving to a nursing home or assisted living facility, many resist the idea of having to leave their home where they have spent much of their lives. Right at Home provides aged care services in Gold Coast Northern Rivers so seniors living in that area can benefit from home care service all from the comfort of their own home.
- Assistance with Activities of Daily Living
With Right at Home, you or your loved one will receive care with activities of daily living, or ADLs so they can continue to remain in their homes in spite of experiencing a cognitive or physical decline, Alzheimer’s, dementia, disability, or a strenuous operation. There are a variety of ADLs a senior caregiver provides for seniors:
- Functional mobility
- Nursing Care
Apart from getting help with ADLs, Right at Home can also provide seniors with nursing care within their homes. They can assist with administrating medicine, caring for your catheter, assisting with tube feedings, tending your wounds, and other medical care.
- Maintenance of Autonomy
When moved to a nursing home, seniors often struggle with losing a great deal of their autonomy which has a negative impact on their mental health. With elderly care in Gold Coast Northern Rivers, seniors still have a great deal of independence is how they choose to live their lives on a daily basis. They are allowed more flexibility in when they choose to wake up, eat meals, and other day-to-day activities.
- Access to Personal Belongings
One great benefit of seniors care in Gold Coast Northern Rivers is that seniors do not have to part with any of their personal belongings. When moving to a nursing home, seniors are only allowed a limited number of items which can be very difficult for some individuals to cope with. In-home care allows older Australians to have quick access to all of their favourite or valuable items at any time.
- Social Activities
Right at Home helps seniors maintain their social lives and participate in activities that keep their mind sharp and engaged. Caregivers can even help with making appointments, transportation, and enjoying the world outside of the house.
Live at Home
For most people, their house is much more than a place they sleep at night. Rather, their home is a place of security and familiarity that is rich in memories from the past. Choose Right at Home for aged care services in Gold Coast in Northern Rivers so you or your loved one can continue living life in the home they love. Read More
Choosing Aged Care Services In The Gold Coast
Choosing an aged care provider in the Gold Coast is not easy when there are so many different options out there for you to choose from. With a decision as big as this, you want to make sure that you are choosing the right one for you or your loved one’s needs. Right at Home is the in-home care provider that provides the best aged care services anywhere in the Gold Coast. Our amazing team of carers and nurses can help you out with any daily tasks that are becoming too difficult to manage and can also help you take any medications that you have been prescribed.
Before diving in, ask yourself whether other companies can provide you with the same services below and at some level of quality as our staff do.
Things To Look For
When you are looking at and comparing home care companies, it is important to consider the following points to ensure that you are 100% happy with your decision.
- Are They Going To Be Responsive To Your Needs? - One of the most important factors when choosing a home care service is ensuring that they will be able to respond to your ongoing needs. This should include having documentation of what specialised care you need and they should also allow close family and friends to be involved in the process. As you get older, your needs can change quite drastically in just a short period of time, so it is important that you choose a home care provider who will change and update your plan and provide you with all the information that you need at each stage.
- Are The Staff The Best? - When it comes to choosing home care, the staff are the most important piece of the puzzle as they will be the ones who really make it a good or bad experience. Always try to meet with the staff, who should be chosen on their skills and qualifications. For our staff, you are the priority, and they will do everything that they can to put your needs and personal preferences first. You can also expect them to discuss with you any feedback that you have and what your thoughts are about the service you are receiving.
- Do You Feel Safe And Secure With Them? - With home care, you are inviting strangers into your home and so it is absolutely vital that you feel safe and secure. At Right at Home, we make sure that we always have an adequate number of staff members so they can do the best job possible and are not rushing their service. What’s more, we always make sure that you are introduced to staff members who are going to be looking after you and that you are notified if there are any changes made at a short notice.
Contacting Right At Home
There are a few different options for you to choose from when contacting a Right at Home. You can give us a call or use the email enquiry form to send over any queries that you may have regarding our home care in the Gold Coast.
Right at Home provides home care packages and support services including disability & elderly care as well as transitional home care services. Our locations cover Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Wagga Wagga, Townsville, Toowoomba, Penrith, Cairns and many more!Read Less