The best strategy for controlling and preventing high blood pressure is to begin with lifestyle changes. For seniors, this often means a combination of light exercise and medication. Right at Home can prepare a customized hypertension program to promote a healthier lifestyle, including:
- Development of a light exercise schedule
- Coordination of a healthy meal plan
- Meal preparation
- Medication reminders
Hypertension/Stroke Information and Resources
- Studies have shown that more than 3 million Australians over the age of 25 had high blood pressure.
- High blood pressure is one of the most common problem managed by general practitioners.
- For a resource on living with hypertension/high blood pressure, visit the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare website.